Once upon a time in July and August I went on two trips by myself that were super short but such a wonderful time. I had the opportunity to drive to Idaho and witness the sealing of a wonderful gal I worked with on the mission. They were sealed in Idaho Falls (because the Boise temple was closed) on a Saturday, so I drove up there by myself praying the whole way that my sweet car would not decide to break down that day. Putput and I made it just fine and it was a wonderful experience! I love Megan and am so grateful for her example of faith and love for the gospel she has shown me since the day I met her. What a blessed day that was!!
I love this place...
Then the next Tuesday (August 2nd) after this trip, I took a little trip to Oakland for the day. It was the first time I've ever taken a trip quite like it. I was ridiculously tired, but it was an absolutely wonderful day. Here's the reason in super short version:
Once upon a day as a missionary, my companion and I were walking around Hailey, Idaho and met a 28 yr old single mother of four boys. Turns out she was a member that no one knew lived there. Thus started a wonderful friendship. I spent a long time in that area and those boys became like my own. They never really got active when I was there...it took years...we kinda kept in contact over the years. Johnna married a nice man named Matt, they had another boy, and they worked on getting the family back to church for good. So I went for her and Matt's endowment and then all six of them were sealed as an eternal family!!! Oh how I love this family!!! We went to dinner right after the temple and then I flew home. Crazy, but likely the best day ever!
Those two days were beautiful seeing people I love make powerful covenants...I loved it, I love them, and I love the temple!!

No comments:
Post a Comment