Saturday, January 4, 2014

Anniversary

Before I get to the fun stuff of our anniversary activities. Here is a better picture of our living room all decorated up for the season. It was so sad to take this down the other week before we left for Idaho :(


So on to more fun things to report about. We had our 1 year anniversary on the 14th of December!!! We decided to make a weekend out of it, but I told Stan he was in charge of planning what we would do. :) He did a stellar job. On Friday evening, he came home from work a little early bringing some beautiful flowers:


He said he had a few things to do and so I was to hide away in the bedroom until he finished. After about a half hour he said he was ready for the festivities to begin. He plugged in my phone to our speakers then called me from his phone so that his voice could be the loud speaker. I was a contestant on the "Newlyweds of the Year" show. I/we had to answer a few questions and if my answers were good enough, we could win the Weekend Dream Date Staycation Package. Lucky for both us, we did win! Here is what the package included:


Friday evening was an incredibly snazzy dinner at Elaine's in downtown Albuquerque. It was such a good time and the food was a decadent treat. 


Saturday we spent the day doing some of our favorite things. Saturday morning cartoons, looking through pictures of our first year of being married and reminiscing on all the funny things that happened (which took a REALLY long time since we have a gazillion things we've done), and spending some time outside the temple (since it was closed). That night we got ready and went to a restaurant of my choice, Texas Roadhouse. It was delicious and the company was wonderful.



And just for fun, we had a Tim Tam Slam:



Our cake wasn't quite defrosted enough to eat on Saturday so we had some on Sunday. It was surprisingly still delicious. 


We feel so blessed to have had such a wonderful year. We are so excited for the adventures this next year will bring and I sure think I am the luckiest girl alive!

1 comment:

alli said...

Awesome idea! I want to win a staycation on the show! May have to copy that idea! We decided to stay newlyweds in the honeymoon stage forever. Still are after 5 years...which means we had better win!