Well, post Christmas is always so sad to me because you have to wait a whole year to do all the wonderful traditions again. We had such a great time in Idaho this year too! The only thing that could have made it better was a little snow, but I guess I forgot to order it. There is, however, nothing I love more than a lit-up Christmas tree.
We flew up to Salt Lake City on the Saturday before Christmas and Kevin, Stan's brother, picked us up and we headed to Filer. The couple days before Christmas were filled with food making, gift buying, and hanging out. Mom and Dad had just bought a ping pong table. Stan whooped us all.
We made curry twice during our 10-day stay. Here are pictures from our first time. Making curry with Stan is one of my favorite things to do with him. We did it a few times while we were dating and I have always said that one of the places I fell in love with Stan was in the kitchen. And the food always turns out delicious. It makes my mouth water just thinking about it and looking at this picture.
By Christmas Eve, all the family had assembled and we were ready for some real fun. Christmas Eve tradition was the candlelit dinner. The food was delicious and the company so fun.
We then headed into the big room for a talent show:
the Christmas story from the Bible read by Dad...no picture of that one
and present opening. Fun things were given and received by all. :)
| It was so fun to have Grandma and Grandpa there. |
| Stan and Larry in their new chairs...sadly ours could not come back with us on the airplane. Hopefully we can get it home soon! |
It was off to bed after such a long present opening time. Christmas morning we all lined up to head into see what was left in our stockings.
| Here we are Christmas morning next to our pile of fun gifts. |
Before we headed over to Grandma and Grandpa's for Christmas dinner, we went and shot guns for a little bit. I have to brag and say that I hit my first two clay pigeons and then missed the third, I decided to quit while I was ahead. Stan, of course, hits almost anything he shoots at. If you look close at the picture of him shooting, you can see the pieces in the sky. It was fun to see all the boys shooting together. :)
It was great to have everyone together for lunch and to have yet another excuse to stuff ourselves with delicious food...
| The Tews |
| The Moore's (Ashley wasn't here yet this summer so this Christmas was the first time we were all together) |
A fun treat for me was when we went up to see my dear friend Tilda the Sunday before we left. I worked with her when I was serving my mission and I love that I can see her every now and then.
It was a wonderful trip and we were sad to leave. Luckily there were some more presents and party plans when we got home to look forward to. That'll come in the next post...

No comments:
Post a Comment