We had a wonderful day though. We began with German Pancakes, opened presents, and then pressed pause on our party so that Stan could go to work :( I took him a lunch surprise of a little sushi to go with the exciting leftovers he had. After he got home from work, we went out to a New Mexican restaurant we had heard about. It was heavenly. Stan got some red chile ribs and I went less Mexican with a hamburger, but it was all delicious and we had a great time laughing and talking about our memories together.
I sure am lucky to have such a fun companion and it was fun to think of things to do to make his birthday fun...next year I'll catch more of it on camera...
This past Friday was Chinese New Year. We celebrated by making homemade dumplings together. They were sooooo good. I wish that blogs could include the smell with the picture :)
| This is our dumpling making station...after they had all been made :) |
| Stan was the master chef |
Stan also spoke Chinese while I tried to mimic what he was saying. Happy New Year!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment