Grandma and Grandpa Tews (Stan's Mom's grandparents
and our only living grandparents) had their 60th anniversary this summer
and we headed up to Idaho to celebrate with them. I was a little
nervous about Scott on such a long drive, but he did really well and
it all worked out okay since we broke up the long drive into two days.
We got there
on Friday afternoon just in time to join cousins, aunts, and uncles in a
little river trip.
 |
| Ready to ride the river. |
Saturday was the big reunion day. We started off with
breakfast at Jerre and Shannon's house. There are some of Stan's family
that I hadn't met, so it was fun to meet them and see those that I do
know.
 |
| Scott meeting Grandpa |
After breakfast, we had a little break to get ready for a big program and dinner with everyone. It was a really nice program that Mom and her siblings each shared
memories, Grandma and Grandpa both said a few things, and Larry and
Kathryn presented a really cool family tree to Grandma and Grandpa and
then we took pictures. :)
 |
| Great food AND great company. Win win. |
 |
| Scott taking a turn in the family Babee Tenda. |
It was so much fun to be with that much family all at once. We are sure grateful for Grandma and Grandpa and their examples. They are wonderful!
Sunday evening we took some family pictures of just our family and so these are our favorites of those:
Monday morning all the boys, minus Dad, left for a backpacking trip so us girls settled into baby tending, crafting, and whatever else we wanted to. This was the first time all four of these kids together so we had fun to see them interact (as much as they could). Here are a few pics from our different photo shoots.
 |
| Kathryn was the baby whisperer with Scott while we we there. He just loved when she told him stories. |
 |
| These three are going to be trouble when they all start running around. |
 |
| I love the half smiles on these two. |
One day I went up to Sun Valley area to visit a woman I met as a missionary six years ago. She loved meeting Scott.
 |
| Tilda, Scott, and I before we headed home. |
The boys came back Wednesday evening. Scott was sure happy to see his dad.
 |
| Mom teaching me the ways of pie crust making. |
We had a delicious dinner Wednesday night after the boys returned and then Stan, Scott, and I headed out Thursday morning. We had a great time with everyone and can't wait to go back in November! We sure are grateful for family.
No comments:
Post a Comment