Monday, April 11, 2016

Oh December how we love you!

December has always been one of my favorites. So many fun memories with family and friends. With not being able to go spend time with family this December, we wanted to make it special and lots of fun and we think we succeeded! Here are random pictures of things we did throughout the month here at home. I'll do a separate post for the real holiday stuff.

Scott has been helping me with dishes for a long time now but during the month of December he started taking his own chair over there. I don't mind that he has something to keep him occupied while I get some chores done. He started to be really insistent on having the faucet over his side of the sink so I started to tell him that "mommy needed a turn". Pretty soon he was saying "turn! My turn!" So then I tried to teach him that he needed to "share". He caught onto the word quick but it pretty much became a synonym for "turn". Oh well.
Scott loved the leaves that fell from the tree while we were on our Thanksgiving trip and would grab a few and throw them in air and yell "Weee!"

A truly dedication hobbyist will go outside no matter the weather. Stan set up his newly built radios in the backyard with the antenna strung across the whole yard. He used this emergency battery charger to power it.

Scott was so helpful in pushing our tree to the checkout lane
 
Scott and I would go on walks throughout the month. One day he decided that we should just sit down in the middle of the path.
So we did
And threw the football around for a few.
And we got a climber
Our holiday decor :) One of my favorite things!!
He loves to find and apply chapstick. And to hang out with me while I do laundry
He found some of Dad's ear plugs and was so proud of himself.
Annual anniversary (Happy 3 years to us!!) dinner at Texas Roadhouse, one of our absolute favorites.
Stan outdid himself and totally surprised me with TWO bouquets this year. He said he couldn't decide. I don't know why I didn't get a picture of the other, but this one was absolutely gorgeous!!
Jeff and Jessie came to visit us this year right before Christmas and we LOVED to have them come. Sadly I don't have any pictures except for that Jessie and I made caramels and they were delicious!


Scott had a for a little bit where he liked to pretend to go to sleep. He would tell me he wanted to go in his room then ask me to put the blanket on him and turn off the light. He would only lay there for a few minutes, but it was pretty funny.
We had snow! Scott liked to go slide on the slippery ice.
Scott also had a couple weeks where he would also ask me to sit on the ground and he wanted to sit behind me on the couch and play with my hair. If he knew to be a little more gentle with my hair it would have been heavenly.
Our car needed a wash one day so Scott helped Stan do it...he was a little scared of the high pressure
Stan is a cute dad.
A couple days after Christmas we went out to visit our friends in the east mountains. We had to cut our visit short because it started to snow and was supposed to snow all day, we wanted to be able to get home :)

No comments: