Sunday, July 23, 2017

Fathers and Sons

Stan and Scott went to Fathers and Sons in May. Here is his account:

We set up camp and were the second ones there.
Our traditional hot dog and orange soda.

I gave Scott a radio, he was too cool to hang out with dad and was a social butterfly. He wouldn't answer me on the radio when I called to him.
In the morning.
In the morning, I talked on the radio with Mel and then we packed up and were the last ones to head out. When I tried to start the car, the battery was dead but luckily Mom and Dad gave me a portable car charger and it worked great. When we got to the campsite gate, it was locked, but luckily a bishopric member had given me the combination the day before. Must have been inspiration.

Scott and I went on a drive up the road
Found a few ruins
This is looking towards Jemez Springs.
Another ruin
Scott and I went on a little hike to see the ruins.
Mel told us to find some potsherds and we did.

This tree grew right in the middle of the ruin


Looking towards Valle Caldera
Tent Rocks


Scott's snack on the way home.
 Had a great time, glad I could be with my bud.

No comments: