Tuesday, April 17, 2018

James Stanley

***This post is going to have a million pictures, I just liked all of them for different reasons so they all get put on.

We decided to schedule an induction with the baby so that we would know for sure when he was coming and so that we could get the antibiotic for strep b. So on Friday August 18th, with Mom and Jenni at home holding down the fort with the boys, we headed to the hospital. The nurse and midwife tried to subdue our expectations of having a baby that day as I was only dilated to a 3 and not very effaced. They said inductions could take more than 24 hours easy. We started medication about 10am and we spent four hours hanging out while it did its work. I did a lot of bouncing on an exercise ball and we watched Star Trek Enterprise together.

Jenni sent pictures to show that the boys were having a good day.



At about two the midwife came to check my progress and said I hadn't progressed much but she was able to break my water. We were able to convince her that she should start the first dose of antibiotic (There are two doses and they have to be given four hours apart). The contractions started to come shortly after (I knew there was no way that we were going to make it to that second dose of antibiotic 🙁) and when they came in at 4 pm to check on us our nurse asked if I wanted to labor in the tub and I was concerned that there wasn't time. Stan had the midwife come and check my progress and when they saw that I was at a 7 they asked if that made me feel better about getting in the tub. I said not really because I felt like things were happening quickly but I would give it a try. Once I got situated, I made Stan stay right by my side so that I could clench his hand during the contractions. They were coming pretty regular and hard. He stepped into our room for a second and I called for him to come quick, that a contraction was coming and that I felt like I needed to push. He pulled the cord calling for help and a hoard of people came running in. The nurse checked and the baby was right there ready to come out. The midwife came running in and asked if I could stand up. I told them I needed them to lift me up otherwise I would push the baby out so they did. I got to the bed just in time for the next contraction and the baby about flew out.

James Stanley Moore rushed himself into our world at 4:45pm weighing 7 lbs 8 oz and was 20 inches long. He was so sweet from the moment he came out and we were so grateful he got here quickly and safely.




I love this man and the good father he is.
Mom and Jenni brought the boys over to see their new brother.

Sterling was right by my side the minute they came to visit and wouldn't hardly leave.

I love Scott's smile as he is touching James and Stan's hand on Scott's back as he looks on.
Not as much as Scott but still quite a bit. The color was in between Scott's and Sterling's colors too.
"HI!!!!!"


So glad to have Mom there.


We were moved shortly after that down to our room. Because they didn't get both doses of the antibiotic to me we had to stay for 48 hours after birth :( I may still be grumpy about that. Nothing particularly exciting happened the next day. Everyone came to visit again.



A family of five :)
Our little James burrito
Fresh hair post bath time
Teaching Sterling how to touch softly
A beauty and a cutie
Pics from Jenni again to show they were having a good Saturday:






Stan went home on Saturday to hang out with the boys for a few and to make this amazing cheesecake.
While Stan was at church, I had some sweet quiet time with my brand new baby. He even opened his eyes for a bit and we had a good chat. I love those first sweet moments.

Mom and Jenni came to visit on Sunday on their way out of the town. A young woman in the ward had come to stay with Scott and Sterling for the last couple hours we had to stay in the hospital.





We said our goodbyes to Jenni and Mom. They were so helpful and we are so glad they came. It was nice knowing the boys were in good hands and Stan could just be with me whenever he wanted. They finally let us out of the hospital on Sunday late afternoon. The boys were so cute with James when we brought him home.



And so began our adventure with three sons! I'm not even sure how we got to this point, and even though it's crazy, we sure love them!

No comments: