Friday, April 20, 2018

Quemado Lake Camping Sept. 8-9, 2017

Post by Stan. Scott and I went out for one last camping trip with just us for the year. I had wanted to go to Quemado lake for a long time, and finally made it this trip. We camped at a huge campground, but we were the only ones there, probably because it was so late in the season.
We cooked monkey bread in the dutch oven that night. Over the campfire, we made up a story about a rabbit that tried to grab a piece of monkey bread out of the dutch oven, but burned his foot and ran to the lake, where a fish bit him. In the morning Mel and I tried to talk on the ham radios, but didn't have much luck, probably because it was too late in the morning for NVIS. It also wasn't so important since we had 3G cell service...

Scott tried a little fishing in the lake but didn't have any success. Scott learned to wear pants due to all of the stickery plants near the lake. It rained really hard in the afternoon. We went on a beautiful/semi-crazy drive out to the road. A great trip, glad I got to spend some one on one time with Scott!
Our camp. There was a stack of awesome wood already split that we used.
The nice camp host gave Scott a bunch of Smokey the Bear coloring books.




No comments: