The first weekend of August our ward had a campout just
right outside of Albuquerque. It was a lot more desert landscape than our
previous two weekends but was not wanting in the way of rain. :)
This time though we
were able to get our tent all the way up and most of our dinner cooked before a
huge downpour started. We grabbed our steaks off the grill and jumped into the
back of the Explorer to wait out the storm and eat our dinner. I wish I had
gotten a picture of that because it was pretty funny.
We enjoyed getting to know our ward a bit better around the
campfire that night and we were finally able to have s’mores! On all our other
camping trips, bad weather has prevented a good fire :( .
Our own personal adventure began after breakfast the next
morning. We packed up and went for a hike among the hills. The dirt in the
desert of New Mexico is SO easily eroded and the downpour the night before had
left huge puddles and little streams where the water was running/sitting.
It was a nice change a scenery but I think I like the green
mountain meadows a little more…
No comments:
Post a Comment