Sunday, May 10, 2015

Scott's birthday! (only 2 months late)

This last year has felt like an eternity but yet so short all at once. I guess that could be said for life in general, but on March 19th, we celebrated Scott turning one! I'm not big into parties, so we didn't do tons special, but it was a fun day. Stan's parents were able to come down from Idaho for a few days and got there that evening. Because we had decided to do German Pancakes with them the next day for Scott's birthday and presents that night when they got there, we just started the day off normal...well sort of normal :) Stan and I both went to get him out of bed when he woke up and sang happy birthday to him them. I took a few photos of him throughout the day as we were doing our thing. I sure think he is cute!





Then party time really started that evening. We went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner but were waiting for our "reservation" time and decided to open presents and do cake first. Scott LOVED sitting on table in the midst of his presents:

The first thing he opened was a gift from his cousin Ashley, Aunt Kathryn, and Uncle Larry. A pin wheel and a Mickey Mouse band set. He was super excited about the pin wheel, I had to take it away so that he could focus on the unwrapping.
He was SOOO happy about the wrapping paper too!
He got his very own dish set. He had to test out the cup right away
Grandma Nancy sent him some toy boats to play with in the bathtub
He had to really check them out before he would let us move on :)
Between cousins, grandparents, great-grandparents, and us, Scott made out with some good loot!
Then it was time for cake! Grandma Julie made a delicious cake and brought it all the way from Idaho to eat! Stan (and his brothers, and Scott's cousin) had a dinosaur cake for a birthday or two.
At first he just kind of picked at the cake. He liked the frosting, but I think he thought it was funny because of the way he would just kind of touch it, then lick it off his fingers.


Finally we showed him that there was more to the cake than the frosting, and he really dug in:




He probably would have made a bigger mess if we had let him, but we had to get going to the restaurant.

I think this is my favorite picture. He REALLY wanted more of the cake and was so sad when we took it away.
Scott loved the rolls at Texas Roadhouse, a boy after my own heart!
Mom and Dad
Stan and I...obviously
Scott was being a little lazy about the whole drinking thing
He was so funny because he kept wanting to see what was going on around us, he ended up sitting like this for the majority of dinner and flirting with the sweet old lady across the row.
Scott got special treatment, they brought out the horse saddle and everything, but he wouldn't cooperate much for a picture. They brought him ice cream too, which he loved :)
Here is the birthday boy the next morning with his German Pancakes, he loved them!! Yum!
We sure love our little boy! I wish I had written down on his birthday all the things that he is doing, but now they have changed since we are two months later. He is a busy boy full of life and exploration. He loves to go outside and play with the sticks and rocks and will point at different things he thinks are cool. We feel so blessed to be his parents!


No comments: