Monday, December 8, 2008

For the Beauty...

Tonight it was incredible. We went as a ward up to Spring Haven, it was a lot of fun and I enjoyed talking to a few people that I never really have before. Two of my favorite parts of the escapade up the canyon were going on a night walk by myself, and then driving down the canyon talking about Christmas memories with the girls in my car. They are all really neat girls in the ward and it was fun getting to know them better and hear about the traditions that they have with their families. One of my favorite things is actually talking to people about their lives and learning about where they came from and why they are the way that they are. It never ceases to amaze me the neat stories and memories that everyone has. They are always so interesting to me. So that was fun hearing about their memories and traditions. As for my night walk. It was kind of cold outside, so it was a brief night walk, but it was a good one. I walked out in front of the lodge/cabin/monstrosity of a building, by the pond that had swans in it. They were very graceful and beautiful. I thought that sure that was freezing for them in there, but I suppose they didn't mind it. I love nature at night. Is that a weird statement? I love the quiet peace, looking up at the cold sky and the moon shining through the clouds. I love the way that the moon lights up the snow covered mountains and the way the trees look. It was just beautiful. And the goodness of my Father filled my heart with His love.
Today I was walking to work and it started to snow. It reminded me of tracting in the snow. It was pretty fun, I miss that. The falling of snow has the same effect as the nighttime, that quiet peace. Just my companion and I walking down the road knocking door after door of empty vacation homes :) and then every five or so we'd have the opportunity to bear testimony of the restored gospel and feel the Spirit with that person, and all the empty houses were worth it.
So there are some of my thoughts today. It was a happy beautiful day.

1 comment:

TPlayer said...

A night walk by yourself?! This is where over protective "Big sister" kicks in and says "DON'T EVER DO THAT AGAIN!!!"