Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Running with Dogs
So, one thing that I was very excited about with coming home for Christmas was that it was going to be warm, and I could run outside without losing a lung or two. Of course I didn't go running on Sunday, but yesterday, after washing our car that looked like it'd been through quite a battle(even though it was cleaned right before our trip south), I enlisted my twelve year old brother Mike to come for a jog with me. He suggested that we take our dogs with us. We've had this one dog, Patch, for years and years, I knew that that wasn't going to be hard at all to go with Patch. However, our other dog Muffy, or Muff, she's a beast. I'm not even sure what kind of dog she is. My family got her when I was on the mission, but she's big...I think a husky and german shepherd or something like that. So off we went. I decided that the lower altitude also brings with it a greater pull of gravity, that or I have gained weight in the last couple days because it was sure hard to get those legs a moving. I pretty much looked ridiculous. That's all there was to it. Here was the dog pulling me, more like dragging me down the street. After about a mile of being dragged...drug...whatever...down the street I finally got the dog to go a little more my pace. I decided that I probably won't ever run with dogs again...but running in Mesa is a pretty happy thing. Something that you can't really enjoy in Provo is being able to see forever because of the mountains. I love being able to see all of the sky and the sunrise this morning was gorgeous and then some. Oh happy happy Mesa.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment