Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Post #3

Today was pretty much a good day, so I thought I'd write about it. It was fun because I got to spend a couple hours with an old old friend. I didn't know that I'd get to spend that much time with her, but I did, so that was happy. We just chatted it up for a bit, and then we went to the grocery store. That was a really wonderful thing because I pretty much was out of all food altogether. That makes it difficult to eat, so we went to the store. I actually got to save 75 cents on my milk, and that was happy too :) So then afterward, we went to Wendy's to grab so grub. We had ordered the food and were pulling up to the window and I was in the process of handing my card to the cashier when instead I hit the top of my window, and the card flew out of my hand down onto the parking lot. Oh dear. So I was pretty close to the building, but I took of my seat belt and cracked my door open to see if I could see it, nope, the cashier woman was laughing at me, so then I kind of stood up but got stuck in an awkward position of having my head out the window and I couldn't open the door any more, it was pretty funny, so I had to rewind my actions, and then open the door as much as I could, get out of the car, close the door and then pick up my card and give it to the cashier woman. We were laughing pretty hard. It was a good game.
That's pretty much it, I mean, there were other parts to my day, and I found them fun and interesting and great, but I don't know that I'll put them here now :) So that's it for now, over and out.

3 comments:

Carie said...

Good ole Mel...this is awesome!!! :)

Merilee said...

Hmmm. I will put that story in my book. Sounds like something that would happen to someone else we know.

Also, I was glad to hear a bird didn't swoop down and tear your card to shreds. That would have made the situation even more ridiculous.

TPlayer said...

Why didn't your friend just get out of the passenger's side and get the card, since you didn't have room to open your door?