Tuesday, December 30, 2008
invaders...yikes!
Well I'm back in beautiful Provo, we traveled up on Saturday and it was a beautiful drive. It has been good to be back here and I've just been getting some things done here and there that I have been putting off for four months because I was too busy. My 18 yr old brother Ben has joined us up here for a couple...well an undetermined amount of time I guess you could say, so we have been playing too. Yesterday we went up to Temple Square to see the lights, today we went and bunilt a snowman. I think that was the first time that I have actually done that on my own, out of my own volition that is. It was quite enjoyable. And I must admit, it was a pretty good looking snowman. I've been working and am finishing up my hours as a late night chatter. Provo is pretty much empty. There were four of us, plus Ben, on church on Sunday that belong in the ward. We joked that night as we had dinner together that we were at a ward party with 100% attendance. wahaha, we're so funny. Being that nobody is around, it makes for a beautifully quiet household, but at the same time, at night, when you go to go to sleep, it is a little bit eery. That first Saturday night I was quite scared, I kept hearing footsteps. I was relieved the next day to see one of the girls who lives upstairs at church. Sunday night started off great, until about 8:30 Monday morning when I awoke to men's voices in my apartment, and then my door began to open. Good thing was that it was just the maintenance men putting our furniture up so that the carpet cleaners could do their duty(relatively speaking, I guess it depends on what you define a clean carpet as...). However Monday night was way a lot more scary. I wasn't feeling great and so I went to bed about 9:30. I slept quite restlessly because I couldn't breathe and at about 11pm my bedroom door swang...swung...well it opened. I could hear, again, men's voices. I sat up quite hurriedly to see a girl I've never seen before standing in the door. She was just about as surprised to see me as I was her. It was one of our new Brazilian roommates who was just dropping her stuff off before she left out of town again for a couple days. Needless to say, I looked quite attractive, my hair was everywhere, I'd been sweating, my make-up down my face. Yes attractive is the right word. Anyway, I'm curious to know who will drop in tonight...I guess we'll see. It's good to be back here though :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment