Thursday, March 9, 2017

I-40 Ruins

On the day after New Year's, Stan still didn't have work, so we headed out on an adventure. Our original goal was to go to a homestead but the road was just too muddy. So we stopped by some ruins that are not far off the of the I-40. This was a Chacoan outlier and you can see the similar building technique that I've shown before of the small finely chiseled stone. Pretty incredible handy work! They must have been a patient people! A small walk from the road...




was this ruin up on a hill:









Stan went to explore a little farther while the boys and I went to warm up.


Spiral Petroglyph
Zoomed out of the petroglyph, it looks like there is another petroglyph below and to the left of the spiral but it is hard to make out.
Neat rock
Small cave
The black is from fires
See the etchings in the wall?
Pretty interesting geological feature (that means I don't remember the technical name for it :))
The above pictures are in each of these three cave like domes.

The sheer cliff at the edge of this mesa is pretty amazing.
Right as I was at the end of the trail, I looked down to see this amazing pottery sherd. The lines on it are so pronounced.
This adorable boy!

No comments: