Thursday, March 2, 2017

Thanksgiving 2016

We headed to Arizona for a beautiful Thanksgiving. The weather was gorgeous and we had a great time with family eating lots of good food.

Sterling with Uncle Mike and his cousin Danny shortly after we got there.
Grandma Merrill got this awesome "roller coaster" for the grandkids to play with. Scott and Sterling both thought it was so fun and Scott talked about it for weeks after we came home.
On Thanksgiving Day we had some of the Andersen extended family over and we had Thanksgiving dinner in the backyard. (I love Mesa weather!!!) It was so fun to see cousins, visit, and eat delicious food. Sterling loved being with Grandma.
We couldn't get a picture of both of them looking at the same time...well played boys

Sterling was learning what grass is
On one day, Stan and I were able to steal away for a couple hours (thank you family!!!) and go for a little drive. We headed out towards the Superstition Mountains onto a small highway that became a dirt road that ended back up at a bigger highway which led us back to another highway that led us eventually home (after a detour up a mountain). It was so fun to just drive and talk without interruption. I love driving with my man.

Canyon Lake
I must be an Arizona girl if this desert is so pretty to me!



The road ran along the Salt River for some time. It was really pretty.
Roosevelt Lake

A picture from the top of the mountain we went up. (Mount Ord)
Meanwhile back at home, Scott was having a blast with Uncle Ben (and everyone else I'm sure).
Scott loved getting Grandpa to play games with him and Sterling liked to try and get all the pieces while they played.
One night we went to see the Christmas lights at the Mesa Temple. I love this temple so much. It was fun to go with my little family to do something I remember doing when I was young. Scott loved the lights, especially going with his aunts and grandparents.






Sterling and Uncle Wilford :)

Sterling was laughing at Emily here. He thought she was so funny during dinner this night.
And he tried to feed her, for some reason, she didn't want any.
So much fun!

No comments: