Sunday, November 8, 2015

Around Albuquerque- July/August

We had a good end of the summer between all our trips and the fun things we were doing around town. Here are some pictures from our non-adventure activities:

Sometimes Scott 'helps' me with the dishes, I hold him up with one leg and he has a blast playing in the water. It has gotten harder as I've gotten bigger, but Stan caught a picture one morning.
We went to our ward campout in August. It was at the same place as it has been the last two years and I always enjoy spending time with members of our ward. We know some really good people. Scott loved being outdoors and got right to business playing in the rocks when we were setting up our tent.

We had some good harvest from our garden in August and I got my hands into some canning. I did it twice but here is some documentation from the first time.

I didn't can the green chiles :)

Stewing the tomatoes
Scott helped with the straining

Getting ready to put the tomato juice in put in the jars
Ready to boil
The finished product. We've had some good spaghetti sauce from our own tomatoes!
Scott loves to eat yogurt and does so with his hands.
He went through a phase of putting our laundry on his head and walking around.
This ritual started this summer and he still does it every morning. He loves saying goodbye to Daddy.




Another yogurt adventure
And then there were the 80 lbs of peaches we ordered from Colorado. We canned a bunch, froze some, and ate a TON:

I was pretty proud of my 27 quarts of canned peaches
We had peaches with all kinds of different dinners. This was a salmon recipe with a peach salsa on top. Delicious!
And summer can't go by without a fresh peach pie (Mom's secret recipe)!
We got this chair from a friend who's boys had outgrown it and Scott loves it. And he loves to read :)
Scott has a funny habit of lying down in the most random of places. This was one Sunday evening on a walk. We do a lap around a park and then enjoy some time on a bench. Scott laid down for a few minutes.
Scott has been liking putting on our shoes lately.
These two are so funny together. Scott loves Stan and it's his favorite to spend time with him every evening when he gets home. Scott likes to try and copy what we do. This night he was trying to roll his tongue :)


No comments: