Thursday, November 12, 2015

Fall Colors Drive/General Conference weekend

In between sessions on Saturday's General Conference we headed up to Sandia Crest to see how the fall colors were coming. As we drove onto the east side of the mountain range we feared we wouldn't see much because there was a HUGE cloud covering the mountain. But we ventured on...

As you can see, we drove right through the cloud...
But then we started to some colors in the fog
And they got brighter
And brighter...
And then the cloud broke! And it was beautiful!
We got out at the crest and took a walk to the top, Scott was telling me that the stone was cold :)
I love fall colors!

Albuquerque from the top
The clouds coming up over the top of the mountains behind those handsome boys was really neat.

Family pic
More awesome colors with a handsome man

We have a tradition for General Conference to make Kneader's style french toast for breakfast one of the days. Scott was a big fan:

"More please Mom?!"
Happy boy after his nap
This is how Scott watched part of conference...it probably lasted a few seconds
And this is how he watched Music and the Spoken Word while brushing his teeth
And this was on Sunday
 I always love General Conference. It is one of my favorite weekends of the whole year. It sure is different watching it with a toddler than when I was single and watching it all by myself in my apartments but I still feel the prevailing peace of truth as I listen to the men and women called of God to lead His work on the earth at this time.



No comments: