Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Yet another adventure in the Jemez

We went camping with some friends in the middle of September up in the Jemez mountains. It was a beautiful fall weather, except in the middle of the night when it was FREEZING. At one point Stan asked me why I couldn't sleep and my response was because he was moving on one side, Scott was moving on the other, and the baby was moving inside. I was probably the warmest in our tent because every one was surrounding me! :) We got to the campsite just as it was getting dark and so we didn't get any pictures that night, and then we didn't take any pictures the next morning...whoops.

Every one had to leave except one of our friends who's extended family has a cabin nearby to where we were. We headed there and had a lunch on the back porch. Scott napped in the car and we just visited. I may have fallen asleep for a few. Stan had a chance to fish in the river behind the cabin and even caught a fish! After lunch, our friend headed home and we went in search of an adventure.

We headed up on highway 4 and decided to hike to a spot Stan had heard of and seen on a map. So off we went!

Family Selfie!
Stan leading the way
We got to a point by the river that it would have been hard for Scott and I to keep following Stan and he was just going to go up a little ways to see if there weren't any fish close by, so Scott and I stopped to play in the river. It was the perfect temperature and the river bottom was a nice sandy dirt.



It took a minute, but Scott got really comfortable with the water and mud and had a blast playing in it. He cried when I made him quit.




No luck with the fish. We found out from someone that there was a large flash flood in the area a couple years back which is why the river seemed so sandy and washed out.

This is my favorite picture of all time. I love that Scott loves to follow Stan.
As we drove home, the sun was hitting this cliff just perfectly. The rock is a beautiful red rock. New Mexico sure is beautiful!

No comments: