Earlier this year our Relief Society had a service auction during which I won an overnight babysitting from an awesome sister in our ward. The last weekend of September we finally cashed in on it and decided to go stay up in Santa Fe.
We went to dinner at the Blue Corn Cafe. It was delicious but we forgot to get a picture :( ...so I guess we'll have to go back and get it again. Stan had a lamb dish that was heavenly. We stayed the night at this hotel that had a fun New Mexican style to it with a ladder like you would find at an Indian pueblo, Indian rugs, and pots. It was different and fun.
Saturday we decided to do the touristy thing and head to the plaza in Santa Fe. We walked around for a bit and checked out some neat pottery and other small fun shops.
 |
| This made me think of my Grandma Andersen who made a tradition of hiding a rubber chicken in the luggage of visitors :) I miss her. I loved the price on the sign :) |
We had a hard time getting a good picture. I learned you have to be a little more specific
 |
| We look great but the scenery is lacking in showing how cool Santa Fe is.... |
 |
| And I learned you should ask a tall person to take the picture so you can get a picture of what is behind you... |
 |
| So here is Stan with the neat old west feel of Santa Fe. :) |
It was so fun to spend some extended one on one time with this wonderful man. I have a good one :)
No comments:
Post a Comment