Thursday, August 4, 2016

And some more petroglyph hunting...

Still determined to find the petroglyphs he had read about, we returned yet again to our desert haven. The petroglyphs evaded us yet again, but we found some interesting things and a had good day hunting.

This was an interesting marking on the rock. Could be legitimate, could be not :)
One of the coves Stan ran to check out while I hung out with the boys
Some purple glass probably from settler days
Corrugated pottery
Scott would use the hiking stick like this. Usually with a constant "whoosh" sound with it.
These were pre-hike smiles. Such a happy boy
Once while waiting for Stan near these trees, Scott ran over to them and said "this is my house!" Then peaking over this branch said "I'm looking out the window!" I love his imagination
And his cute smile.
Hiking sticks on the ready
This is the kind of stuff we were hiking through. Stan would check out the perimeter for signs of ruins.
I love what a cute hiker Scott is turning out to be. He loves it!
Running to catch up to Dad.

No comments: