Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Searching for Ruins expedition #I've lost count :)

Stan read somewhere about some neat petroglyphs and so we went looking for them and whatever else we could see. We had been to this area before and so it was fun to come back here when we knew a little more about ruins.

Following my leader
Stan carefully stepping through the pottery shards scattered everywhere


My buddy. He doesn't look to thrilled to be riding but I promise it was because he wasn't thrilled to be taking a picture
Standing in front of the sign that says "This is a ruin, be nice to it"
Such a beautiful view


This area had a fair amount of up and down and tall sage brush so we spent some time separated and Stan would jet to check out a possible petroglyph location and the boys and I rested. I didn't complain about not going the extra mile, I was willing to sacrifice and take care of the boys.

This was a picture of one of the places Stan ran to real quick. The slashes in the rock were interesting. Possible Indian but who knows.
I love my little family and our adventures. And we don't mind it when the boys sleep :)


More picture love from Scott
More pottery
And a smile from this boy at the end of the day means we weren't too mean :)
Even though we didn't find exactly what we came looking for, it was still a fun day and I loved it!

No comments: